Sunday, November 17, 2013

Accomplishments Nov 10-Nov17

This week I made: batch cooked dry navy beans, Pear and Cranberry crisp, bread, and Bread Crumb Cookies

I divide L's toys into thirds. I third is favourite toys, and then 2 other batches. Only one of the non-favourite toys batches are out at a time and the other is in storage. I've been meaning to flip them for awhile and finally got to it this week. L was excited! It's like getting all new toys because he's largely forgotten about them by the time they reappear.

I cooked a turkey I got on sale inexpensively last month (Canadian Thanksgiving) and froze all the meat for later use.

Found L a nice winter coat in a bigger size (he's outgrown his last year's one, but not the pants) at Value Village and used a 30% off coupon to purchase it.

I also bought my first Christmas gift of the season at Value Village. It cost me $3.15.

I worked on a wall art project.

We went to the science centre as a family for free! We a free MAP (Museum and Art) pass that I picked up from the Toronto Public Library. It would normally be $60 so this was so awesome.

Flops:

I forgot my packed breakfast and lunch beside the door on my way out to work one day and had to purchase food.

I had to take out dog to the vet. He was limping so much he could barely walk. He has either a growth or an infection in his foot (test results in next week) but it's likely an infection and he is on antiobiotics and we're waiting to see if it improves. Sooooo expensive, ugh. I love our pets but not the vet bills -- the cost always seems so inflated. Fingers crossed he gets better soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs