Monday, May 6, 2013

Frugal Accomplishments Apr 28 to May4

Lancaster County, PA


For the past couple of months, I've been keeping a small notebook where I track my frugal accomplishments for the week. I was inspired by the Prudent Homemaker blog, although I will never reach her impressive level of thriftiness, this simple act has helped to keep me on track with making smarter choices on daily basis. I figure that by posting them on here where someone could actually see my list, I'll be encouraging myself to do even better. Well, that's the theory anyway!

This week was not a particularly frugal one as my husband and I drove down (L stayed with his grandparents) to visit his grandmother in Pennsylvania, which included lots of eating out and some shopping. However, we stayed more or less on budget and we saved for this trip in advance -- which is something that we never used to do.

When my parents left our place (they were also dog and cat sitting!), they left lots of food, including bread, fruit, juice, and vegetables -- so that meant I didn't have to buy as much this week.

This week I made: zucchini bread (to use up an extra zucchini leftover from a meal) and Italian Dressing.

Repaired my wallet with superglue to get a few more months of use out of it before I need to buy a replacement.

Donated items to Value Village to get 30% off coupon. Scored some especially great deals (including pants for Luc, shorts, shirts, jeans for me, a toy, and a board game) and saved $18.86 on what I would have bought anyways.

I made a couple of servings of dog food using some freezer burned cooked roast beef, part of a badly bruised apple, part of a old carrot and some leftover sushi rice and mixed it all up in the food processor. Our dog doesn't do well with meat by itself and he'll pick out the meat if I don't blend it together. I got 3 meals for him out of this food that would otherwise go to waste.

What did you do this week to save money?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
site design by designer blogs